Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Book Review of Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter, & Diann Hunt.


I recently read Smitten which is four novellas in one book written by by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter, & Diann Hunt.

I have stated before that I don’t normally read novellas because they are just too short.  However, as far as length this worked for me because the four were written consecutively and even though each novellas was about a different girl in a group of friends the time periods didn’t overlap.

Briefly, the books are about a group of girls working to make their hometown of Smitten stay alive by “remodeling” its image.  The original industry that kept the town alive was logging and due to the economy the saw mill was closed and in order for the own to stay alive and thrive it needed a new industry.  The girls come up with a plan to make the town a romantic destination by introducing new businesses.  They have a little help from a hometown celebrity.  It also tells how their faith in God helps them make hard decisions about their lives.

Let me just say that I enjoyed this book for the fun and easy read that it was.  If you want a lighthearted read, this is a book for you.  If you want something deeper, it’s not a first choice.  

BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment