Sunday, November 6, 2011

A book review of An Amish Wedding by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Long


An Amish Wedding is actually three novellas by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Long.  

A Perfect Secret by Kelly Long tells the story of Rose and Luke and the road leading from their engagement to the wedding of Rose’s best friend, Priscilla.

A Perfect Match by Kathleen Fuller tells the story of Naomi and her journey from being content to be single to finding her true love in Zeke.

A Perfect Plan by Beth Wiseman is about the four weeks leading up to the marriage of Priscilla and Chester.

All three stories are written in the same time period of about four weeks.  Each one has intertwined the same group of people leading up to the wedding of Priscilla and Chester.  I don’t normally bother with reading novellas because I am such an avid reader and I want to invest more time than 100 pages or less in the story.  From that perspective I enjoyed these because they were in the same book and were the stories of the same people so I could invest my time in the first one and go on to the second and third knowing the characters.  

What I didn’t like was that they were three separate books written within the same timeframe.  I would have preferred for them to be intertwined within one large book instead of starting over with the timeframe with books two and three.  But with three different authors that can be difficult.

All in all, I enjoyed these reads and am always impressed when a book (or books) are written by more than one person and you can’t really tell by reading them.

BookSneeze® has provided you with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment