Friday, November 11, 2011

Book Review of Lonestar Angel by Colleen Coble


I have long enjoyed reading books by Colleen Coble and Lonestar Angel was no exception.  I am a huge romance suspense fan so this book was the perfect one.

This book was riveting from beginning to end.  Being an adoptive mother of older children it was wonderful to see a book with those types of children as major characters.  I was glad to see that Clay and Eden came to love them right away and decided to adopt some of them.  Kids from foster care are victims of their circumstances and need parents who will love them unconditionally forever.  

The suspense was great; it kept me wanting to get back to the book whenever I was interrupted.  And it really kept me guessing who the kidnappers were by going back and forth between different groups of characters.

I felt the love story was true to life with the indecision that lasted for so much of the book.  I was glad to see them come together at the end of the book.

All in all it was such a good book all around touching on the foster care system and that healing for those children can come from animals.  The plight of children in foster care can sometimes be grave.  Those kids have been traumatized by one set of parents and need some deep intensive help to heal.

BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment