Friday, November 4, 2011

Book Review of His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons


I have been reading a lot of historical fiction lately and His Steadfast Love
by Golden Keyes Parsons definitely hit the mark.

This story is about the civil war and the ramifications for loved ones on both sides of the war.  One of the threads of this story was the relationship between a girl raised in Texas with slaves and a man from Pennsylvania who was not raised with slaves and whether their love could overcome the bitterness left in the hearts of many by this war.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit.  I don’t really care for books with lots of battle scenes in it.  It just doesn’t hold my interest.  This did have some of that but it did not override the rest of the story.  Once those parts were past I couldn’t stop reading to find out how things would turn out with the couple who were raised worlds apart from each other in the same country.

I was very definitely challenged in my faith as it was preaching forgiveness.  It made me aware of some issues I have with forgiving others.

It was very entertaining and I would definitely recommend it to others.

BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment