Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday

I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays.  I love our church but I hate mornings.  I realized after I went to bed last night that I had left my phone, aka alarm clock, upstairs.  So I decided to wait and find out if I woke up on time.  I woke up around 7 and decided to not get up at my usual 7:30 and that this morning we would just go to SS.  At 7:30 I heard my phone alarm go off.  I think I might have audibly groaned.  I decided to wait to see if Dan would come and get me but before that happened I heard, "daddy, daddy, daddy."  (insert more groaning)  I decided God thought I should be in church.  So we got up and got ready for church.

Halfway to church we were pulled over.  Our tabs were expired on the van.  That was news to me as I don't remember receiving notices.  Obviously I dropped the ball on this as it is my job to make sure we have tabs and Dan's job to put them on.  Fortunately we were let off with a warning and made it to church on time.  Unfortunately I still intensely dislike law enforcement and get a PTSD reaction just seeing them.  (I know, I know, I need to get over it.)

Then we found out that the son of friends of our from church has been diagnosed with leukemia.  All I can do is pray which is probably better than anything else.  I haven't been a good friend to anyone for several years as I have nothing to give emotionally, physically or mentally to anyone other than those in my household. 

So by 9:30 I felt a migraine coming on and just wanted to disappear.  But we teach two-year-old SS so I had to make it thru the morning.  One part of SS is joining the preschool for singing and story time.  I smiled as I watched Lilyana participate in the singing and copy the motions.  I have to remember to charge the video camera for May 22 when she will participate in her first SS performance.  Now if we can just get her to sit still quietly during the story. 

So we finished up SS and headed home only to discover that the last two donuts were left too close to the edge of the counter and Cinder, our dog, had an unexpected snack.  Normally she doesn't get stuff off the counter but apparently we need to push things back.

Now I hope the rest of the day will be low key and relaxing before work starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment