Sunday, March 13, 2011

God's Timetable

This morning as I got up way too early I was bemoaning the fact that some things didn't come through for us this weekend like we'd hoped.  I thought that with everything in place maybe we'd catch a break.  But that didn't happen and wondered why God thought we needed to continue to "suffer" and did not come through for us.  I was feeling sorry for us.  Then I read today's devotional by Chuck Swindoll.  He's been doing a series on Joseph.  Yes, it put me in my place.  God does not work on our timetable.  Joseph spent a long time waiting for God's plan to come to fruition and he suffered during that time.  I'm pretty sure Joseph suffered more than we are suffering right now.  We have health and good relationships with our family.  We are not in prison for doing the right thing. 

I guess I'll go take a nap and count my blessings when I get up to start a new week of opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment