Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Fair and Fruity People

Lilyana and I made the maiden voyage for us to the Sibley County Fair. Today is the first day and they had rides for $1 tonight. It was nothing to write home about. I grew up in a small town with a county fair that was small but this gave small a new definition. As I walked around I looked to find a ride suitable for a toddler out of the six that were there. I saw the Kiddie Coaster and the rest seemed too fast for her. The lady at the ticket booth suggested she might be able to go on the swings. I firmly said no. I get sick on the swings. So after looking at all the animals I bought two tickets and she rode the Kiddie Coaster. She had a blast. The good thing was that we went early and so there was hardly anyone there. But the second time she went on the ride alone. We were ready to leave after about an hour.

After we left the fair we went to the store and I got about 8 pounds of grapes. We both love grapes and if we get sick of them we'll freeze them. We have quite a bit of fruit here in the house now. My mom sent a bunch of peaches back with me and I bought bananas earlier in the week. So we are fruity people.

By the way, I have plenty of cucumbers and tomatoes if anyone wants any. Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment