Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1

I bet you're all wondering what I was doing 4 years ago today.  I know, you've been waiting and waiting for me to tell you.  Okay, maybe not.

Well, I can tell you I was not leaving little gifts on my neighbors' doorsteps.

I was climbing in and out of the back of a semi at 33 weeks pregnant getting ready for a church garage sale.

I was also getting two ultrasounds and being told by my doctor that we (we?) are cutting at 5:00.

And at 5:10 pm this is what I was doing (they unstrapped my arm so I could touch her).

Yes, four years ago today our surprise miracle blessing was born.  If you don't already know ALL the details because we've told you so many times, just ask me.  I love to tell the story (sounds like a song).

Thank you God for this gift.  I am humbled at trust you have placed in me to raise her.  Because I trust you I know you have great things in store for her life.  May I be faithful in telling her of your love for her so that she may know the joy of knowing you personally.

I love you, my girl.  You make me happy and you are the reason I get out of bed in the morning, literally and figuratively.

No comments:

Post a Comment